Transfer Rumours: Real Madrid Enter The Race For Cesc Fabregas?

Monday Monday, can’t trust that day.

The new week has brought with it a flurry of fresh transfer rumours, some perfectly feasible, some a little dubious and some completely and utterly nonsensical! Brilliant!

It seems that the relentless speculation surrounding the future of Cesc Fabregas is showing no sign of dying down whilst the Spaniard represents his country at the World Cup – with Real Madrid now apparently set to enter the race to sign the Arsenal talisman.


Premier League

I was wondering how long this would take. Real Madrid are reportedly preparing a £40 million bid for Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas, with designs on sabotaging their bitter rivals Barcelona’s attempts to sign the 23-year-old midfielder. (FootyLatest)

However, according to a poll conducted by MARCA, Liverpool (and now England) skipper Steven Gerrard is the Madridista’s preferred transfer target. (MARCA)

Meanwhile, Arsenal have told Barcelona that they will have to double their opening £30 million bid if they wish to stand any chance of signing Fabregas. (Daily Mail)

The Catalan giants are also planning to raid Arsenal for their French left-back Gael Clichy, thus straining the relationship between the two clubs even further. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal have put together an offer worth £16 million for CSKA Moscow’s highly-rated Serbian winger Milos Krasic, who has also caught the eye of Liverpool and Manchester United. (World Football)

The Gunners have also returned with a fresh £8 million offer for Lorient centre-back Laurent Koscielny. (Sky Sports)

Ligue 1 outfit Marseille are considering an £8 million move for Manchester City bench-warmer Roque Santa Cruz. (Mail)

City themselves have returned with a £27 million for Aston Villa midfielder James Milner, but Villa are holding out for their full asking price of £30 million. (Daily Star)

Manchester United are eyeing up a move for Real Madrid’s £24-million-rated holding man Lassana Diarra. (Caught Offside)

Chelsea legend Marcel Desailly has told England winger Joe Cole that he would be better off joining Manchester United than Arsenal. (Four-Four-Two)

Wolfsburg will attempt to make Dimitar Berbatov their first major signing of the summer, and will open talks with Manchester United over a €20 million move for the Bulgarian during the coming weeks. (Footy Latest)

Tottenham have renewed their interest in Porto striker Radamel Falcao and are in the midst of preparing a £16 million bid for the Colombian hitman. (World Football)

Birmingham have made an improved offer for Palermo forward Fabrizio Miccoli after seeing their initial £3.4 million bid rejected. (Mail)



La Liga

Valencia are desperately searching for a new striker following the departure of David Villa to Barcelona last month. The two options Los Che have settled on are Toulouse striker Andre-Pierre Gignac and Hamburg’s veteran goal-machine Ruud Van Nistelrooy. (Football Press)

Spurs outcast Giovanni Dos Santos is on the verge of joining La Liga side Seville along with fellow Mexican international, Arsenal striker Carlos Vela. (Mirror)

According to his agent, Antonio Caliendo, Juventus striker David Trezeguet is in talks over a move to Atletico Madrid. (Football Press)

Benfica have promised Real Madrid first refusal on Angel Di Maria if Los Blancos allow their young defender Marcos Alonso to move to Portugal as ‘part-exchange’.



Serie A

The immediate future of many of Inter Milan’s players has been the subject of near-constant speculation since a certain Portuguese coach departed the Guiseppe Meazza for pastures new, but president Massimo Moratti seems certain that at least two of Inter’s biggest stars will still be donning the famous Nerazzurri next season;

“There’s nothing strange about players asking themselves about their own future after a change of technical guide, but Mario Balotelli has got my trust, as well as all the players which have given us such incredible emotions during last season. Maicon will stay with us too, he does love our colours”. (Il Corriere Dello Sport)

AC Milan and Juventus would both be tempted by a cut price deal for Dimitar Berbatov, however, both clubs have admitted that the Manchester United forward is not one of their top summer transfer targets. (Goal)

Lecce have asked to take Genoa’s Montenegrin left-back Ivan Fatic on a season-long loan next term. (Big Soccer)

Parma are chasing Napoli’s Uruguayan midfielder Mariano Bogliacino, but will face competition from Lazio for the 30-year-old’s signature. (Tutto Mercato)

Udinese have targeted Sunderland goalkeeper Marton Fulop. (Eurosport)

Napoli are said to be tracking Saint-Etienne midfielder Blaise Matuidi. (Tutto Napoli)

Roma are planning to sign additional wingbacks and their first target will be Udinese’s Mauricio Isla. The 22-year-old Chilean can also play in midfield. (Calcio News)

* * * * *

Soccerlens has a dedicated transfer section available for your perusal, which contains all the news, rumours and archives you could possibly need.

* * * * *

Fancy a little slice of Soccerlens delivered fresh to your inbox everyday? You can sign up for email updates and subscribe to many of the various columns that appear on SL by just following this link.

Don’t forget that you can also follow us on Twitter.

World Cup News: England's Ref Is A 'Shameless Bastard'
World Cup Preview Part 2: Going Dutch, Korean War and ‘The Hand of God’


  1. BD Condell 7 June, 2010
  2. Andres 7 June, 2010
  3. John 9 June, 2010