If you are looking for bankers to put in an acca then Spurs looks suitable material at 1.53 with Paddy Power to beat West Brom on Saturday (25th August 2012).
The Baggies last win at White Hart Lane came in November 1984, since then they have lost six and drawn two of their visits to north London.
They also have a poor record in the capital winning just three and losing 22 of their 33 trips to London in the Premier League.
Andre Villas-Boas’ reign in charge of Spurs got off to a losing
start as they were beaten 2-1 by Newcastle but they were unlucky not to come away with a pint.
They were the sharper side at St James’ and Jermain Defoe and Gareth Bale were both denied by the woodwork in the first half.
By contrast, West Brom marked kicked-off their campaign under new gaffer Steve Clarke with a 3-0 drubbing of Liverpool.
However Spurs have won 13 and lost just two of their last 18 PL games at home, whereas West Brom have managed to keep just one clean sheet in 17 on their travels.
Jermain Defoe has scored in each of his last three league appearances against West Brom, and that makes him punting material at even money (2) with bet365 and Boylesports to net anytime.
- André Villas-Boas has won only three of his past 13 games as the manager of a Premier League club
- Albion have not won at Tottenham since November 1984, losing six and drawing two of eight subsequent visits
- 13 of Jermain Defoe’s last 14 Premier League goals for Tottenham have come in the 60th minute or later of a match
- Albion have kept just one clean sheet in their last 17 top-flight away games
- Tottenham have won 13 and lost only two of their last 18 league games at White Hart Lane