The Arsenal Love-in, Tottenham and CL, Chelsea’s problems, Lucy Pinder and more
Today’s Soccerlens Daily is brought to you by the lovely Lucy Pinder:
- Trevor Brooking tears the FA a new one over their lack of action over youth football development. He might want to check with the accountant first; England’s Football Association is under heavy debt and without the type of revenues enjoyed by the English Premier League.
In all seriousness, Mr Brooking makes several good points, the article is worth a read.
- The Arsenal love-in continues. Andy Dawson from Goal.com and Scott from Republik of Mancunia are the latest to gaze lovingly over Wenger’s young-uns.
Will it be the same old story of promise without results or will this batch of kids actually win something substantial, you know, like back to back league titles or a Champions League trophy?
- Drogba may be a cunt, but this time we’re on his side. It’s ridiculous to ban a footballer for throwing a coin back but expecting the same footballer to stand back up and smile the coin knocks him unconscious.
Maybe players should get add a bonus clause in their contract that nets them an extra 10k if they get a coin thrown at them? Make these clauses public, you’ll never see anyone throw a coin at Drogba again.
- Marco Pantanella takes a closer look at one Axel Witsel.
- Marlon King headbutts Dean Windass. Seriously.
- What would happen if soccer bloggers ruled the world? Laurie at The Offside has a good list, here are my additions to it:
1) All soccer bloggers would get hired in place of the media hacks – we can make up news too, you know.
2) It would get us a lot more girls.
- The Guardian writers name their 20 top picks for England’s future stars. A fine list in case you’re on the edge of your seat waiting for Football Manager 2009 to be released tomorrow.
- Chelsea have now lost 5 successive penalty shootouts. Does that sting, John Terry?
- Should we do a feature on Lucy Pinder? Do tell…
- Harry Redknapp has convinced his doubters. Well, at least his supporters.
But can he take Tottenham to the magical land of Champions League football?
Soccerlens is Hiring
For real. Details here.
Football Expert? Prove it! Share your knowledge, tips and comments. Win cash prizes - £11,000 monthly! Join OLBG's free-to-enter tipping competition.