Sami Khedira rejects Arsenal move
Many Arsenal fans have asked us via the comment section and on our twitter account to share the latest update on Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira, who was heavily linked with a move to join Arsenal last month.
A quick recap on the situation so far:
- Khedira had an injury plagued campaign last season but played a major role in Germany’s World Cup triumph over Argentina in Brazil. Real Madrid signed German midfielder Toni Kroos leading Spanish media speculate that his arrival might force Khedira out of Bernabeu this summer.
- Catalan newspaper Sport added fuel to the fire claiming last month that Arsenal had more or less secured a deal for him.
- Goal.com with their trademark Exclusive further claimed that Khedira’s move to Arsenal was in doubt as his wage demand of £200k-per-week proving too much for the Gunners.
- Bombshell came from The Times, who reported that Arsenal were in pole position to sign the German midfielder. They claimed that the Gunners were working hard behind the scene to pull off this deal.
- Arsenal were willing to pay £23m for khedira while Chelsea were also interested in signing him as well.
All such hopes were dashed in the dust when El Confidencial reported that Khedira has taken a shock u-turn to stay with Real Madrid and will publicly apologise for this transfer imbroglio. We still don’t know why he need to do that.
Today Marca claim that Khedira is going nowhere as he is central to Carlo Ancelotti’s plans for next season. Despite the advances of the Gunners he has rejected the chances to join Arsenal in the summer. Bayern Munich have shown an interest in him but it is too late now. That ends the Khedira to Arsenal saga for now.
Marca also claim that the 27-year-old wants to join Bayern Munich after holding talks with boss Pep Guardiola, with the German champions want him to see out his final year of his contract in order to make a free transfer move next year.
Football Expert? Prove it! Share your knowledge, tips and comments. Win cash prizes - £11,000 monthly! Join OLBG's free-to-enter tipping competition.