PSG ready to offer €80m for Angel di Maria
Angel di Maria saga is taking all sorts of nasty twists and turns. And we must say, newspapers in Spain are probably getting it all wrong. The situation as we understand is simple. Well, not that simple.
- Paris Saint Germain are leading the race to sign Di Maria.
- According to both Marca & AS (past one week) the Parisiens are ready to offer €65m, €75m & €80m for his services.
- In reality, they will struggle to pay that sum, simply because it would violate FFP regulations.
- Only alternative is, they need to sell Edinson Cavani, who is a reported target of Manchester United.
- Le 10 Sport claim PSG would only sell Cavani for €80m, which I don’t think United will ever pay.
- Manchester United are also interested in Di Maria. In case PSG fail to wrap up the deal, Louis van Gaal will likely to make a move. That’s what Spanish press claim. Again, highly unlikely United will match that amount.
Now, Marca reporting today that PSG are hell-bent in signing Angel di Maria and could be willing to offer up to €80m to secure his signature. Di Maria’s potential sale would break Real Madrid’s highest sale record; however, coach Carlo Ancelotti wants to keep the Argentine in the squad but the club and player have different ideas.
Ancelotti says all he knows is that, like every other player, Di Maria must present himself at Madrid’s training ground on August 5, and he considers him as key to his plans for next season.
Marca further claim, United have almost completed the signing of Cavani (what? are you kidding us?) which will give PSG the flexibility to sign Di Maria. Now, really we are getting sick of this saga!
Football Expert? Prove it! Share your knowledge, tips and comments. Win cash prizes - £11,000 monthly! Join OLBG's free-to-enter tipping competition.