Manchester United’s £37.6 million bid for Felipe Anderson confirmed


Manchester United’s interest in the Lazio midfielder Felipe Anderson is no secret.

The Brazilian midfielder was heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford all summer.

Lazio’s sporting director Igli Tare has now revealed that the club rejected a mega money offer from Manchester United for their prized asset.

Tare has confirmed that Manchester United submitted a bid of £37.6million for the Brazilian playmaker back in August. The Lazio director confirmed that Anderson is worth more and therefore the Italians decided to turn down Manchester United’s approach.

He said: “We turned down a €50m (£37.6m) offer from Manchester United on August 27 and nothing has changed since then. He’s worth much more.”

Louis Van Gaal was clearly desperate to sign a tricky wide player at the start of this season. The Dutchman even claimed it publicly and said that Barcelona and Chelsea are lucky to have the likes of Neymar and Hazard.

Anderson attracted a lot of interest from several European clubs after racking up 11 goals and 10 assists during a stunning 2014/15 campaign with Lazio.

It will be interesting to see if Manchester United go back in with an improved offer for the Brazilian during the summer. Although the Italians value him a lot, they might be more inclined to sell him at the end of the season.

There is no doubt that Anderson is a fantastic young player and if Manchester United can get the deal over the line, they will have got themselves another mercurial talent just like Anthony Martial.

Pep Guardiola: Myths, Miracles and Manchester City
Agent: Valdes' departure from Manchester United is certain