German superstar speaks out on future; Manchester United transfer possible?


It has been a quiet January transfer window for Manchester United after their spending spree in the summer. With less than a fortnight remaining for the winter transfer window to close, the Red Devils might not be signing any player. The Club’s Executive Vice Chairman Ed Woodward (as revealed by TMW) has said that they players whom United want are currently unavailable.

Citing major targets in Mats Hummels and Kevin Srootman, Woodward said, “None of the players that we would want in winter is available, then we will not do anything in this market session.” Hummels though as cited by TMW has spoken about his future at Borussia Dortmund insisting that he will not leave the club when its going through the troubled waters.

The German World Cup winner claimed that even if Dortmund miss out on Champions League action in the next season, he will stay. “We have worked to the maximum in every game, a few times and opponents were better than us. But we won a few times and we have suffered psychologically.”

“We have to get up and move up the ranks as soon as possible . Will I play in Dortmund without the Champions League? I do not think the qualification in the Champions League will be the only requirement to be happy. When I came here we were very far from the first places in the standings.”

Earlier in the day we had reported that Arsenal were in talks to sign Villareal defender Gabriel Paulista. Respected journalist from Spain, Guillem Balague tweeted a couple of hours ago that in fact United were also keeping tabs on the Brazilian but any potential suitors will have to shell €20m to meet his buyout clause.

United’s defense have been in shambles this season with goalkeeper Davis De Gea bailing them out time and again but its highly unlikely that the Old Trafford side will make a panic buy in the remaining days of the transfer window.

Balague also claims United have had a €35m offer for Valencia defender Nicolas Otamendi rejected in the past few hours.

Elsewhere Radamel Falcao has promised Manchester United fans (report by Charles Perrin of the Daily Express) that he will get into his goalscoring form soon. Falcao who missed two glorious opportunities in United’s 2-0 win over QPR on Saturday said it was important to get full 90 minutes under his belt.

“Obviously, I really hope to score soon but the opportunities will come, I am sure of that. I am very happy with the win. It was a difficult game but we managed the match well and got the three points. I could have had two goals. Sadly, the goalkeeper did very well and the other chances were not that clear.”

And finally, Louis Van Gaal will continue to play his own formation ignoring criticism from fans. (Reported by ESPN)

United looked all over the place in the first half playing the 3-5-2 system but as soon as they changed to the 4-4-2 diamond bringing on James Wilson in place of Johnny Evans, United were dominant as Marouane Fellaini scored the first of the goals in the 2-0 win.

Stat Attack: Chelsea midfielder best in the world
Serie A striker's agent set to hold talks with Arsenal today; Transfer likely?


  1. Taddele mekomen 19 January, 2015
  2. paschal ike 19 January, 2015
  3. jason katelehingo 20 January, 2015
  4. jason katelehingo 20 January, 2015