2010 was not the best year for an English football fan. Lots of ups and downs but it was more of a downhill journey. With rumors exploding left and right and captaincy being tossed around like an unclipped grenade, it was chaotic.
Proud Englishmen didn’t approve of Capello just because he’s non-English. Others had questions against his tactics, still others just like to hate.
During all that time, English players were not allowed to meet their WAGs. They wanted to spend their footballer’s money and traveled anyway.
You might wonder who were those women? Why was it so important for them to travel with the players and be near them even when their boss forbade them to? Or maybe you’re still wondering about the girl’s behind you saw.
Keeping that in mind, scroll down to find more images to wonder about. Here are the current and former WAGs of the England national football team players:
- Aaron Lennon (Tottenham) – dating Montana Manning since 2007
- Andy Carroll (Liverpool) – has a daughter with an ex-girlfriend
- Ashley Cole (Chelsea) – Cheryl Tweedy Cole divorced him after his numerous affairs; he’s now dating Kayla Collins
- David Beckham (LA Galaxy) – married to Victoria Beckham since 1999; Rebecca Loos, Nuria Bermudez and Sarah Marbeck claimed to have affairs with Becks
- David James (Bristol City) – has four children with former wife Tanya; currently dating Amanda Salmon; also dated Claire Cooper
- Emile Heskey (Aston Villa) – who cares? … actually he dated Kylee Pinsent but cheated on her with Chantelle Tagoe, he’s now engaged to Chantelle, a former lap-dancer
- Frank Lampard (Chelsea)- has two daughters with former fiancée Elen Rives; was linked with Saskia Boxford; currently dating Christine Bleakley
- Gareth Barry (Manchester City)- married to childhood sweetheart Louise
- Jack Wilshere (Arsenal) – having a son with his ex-girlfriend, Lauren Neal, in August 2011
- Jamie Carragher (Liverpool) – married to childhood sweetheart Nicola Carragher
- Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)- dated Danielle Lloyd; linked with Chantelle Houghton; was engaged to Charlotte Mears
- Joe Cole (Liverpool) – married to Carly Zucker; falsly accused to have been beaten up at a Keeley Hazell’s party
- John Terry (Chelsea) – married to Toni Poole and was accused of cheating on her with Vanessa Perroncel
- Leighton Baines (Everton) – married to Racheal
- Matthew Upson (West Ham) – has a son with Ellie Darby
- Michael Carrick (Manchester United) – married to Lisa Roughead
- Michael Owen (Manchester United) – married to Louise Bonsall
- Paul Scholes (Manchester United) – married to Claire
- Peter Crouch (Tottenham) – dated Lauren Pope; accused of bedding Monica Mint; engaged to Abigail Clancy
- Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United) – has three children with partner Rebecca Ellison
- Scott Carson (West Brom) – married to Amy Barton
- Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City) – dated Crouch’s ex Lauren Pope
- Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) – dated Jennifer Ellison; now married to Alex Curran
- Theo Walcott (Arsenal) – in a long-term relationship with Melanie Slade
- Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) – married to Coleen McLoughlin; accused to have slept with Jenny Thompson while Coleen was pregnant