By now you all know what happened in the first leg matches from the 2nd round of the Champions League:
Barca lost, Arsenal lost, Terry got injured, Lille could be suspended and Bayern v Real is the tie of the round, hands down, despite the prospect of Barca’s early elimination at Anfield.
Instead of rehashing who did what and why, I thought it would be a better idea to get your views on who will win the second leg two weeks from now.
Here are my predictions – you can comment / enter your own in the comments section below.
- Liverpool vs Barcelona – Liverpool win as they put on a once-in-a-season performance, lap up all the praise and then flop to Chelsea in the quarters.
- Chelsea vs Porto – Chelsea blow Porto away despite missing Terry at the back. Sheva’s goals go some way towards justifying his fee.
- Valencia vs Inter Milan – Cracker of a match, one that I see Valencia winning because of their 2 away goals. Shame that Inter should lose, even if they do have an amazingly experienced and talented squad.
- Lyon vs Roma – Lyon are favourites, but could lose their nerve and a 1-1 draw will be enough for Roma. Totti to the rescue? Put my bet down for Roma.
- AC Milan vs Celtic – Milan win the game by the odd goal, but it will be a very close thing.
- Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid – Real will win the leg and the tie.
- Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven – It’s Arsenal’s game, despite what people say about Arsenal’s troubles. Their lead-up to the game – Carling Cup final, away game at Blackburn for the FA Cup replay and a home game to Reading – will hurt, but Wenger can deliver.
- Manchester United vs Lille – IF this game even happens, it should be a United win and an ugly riot by Lille players.